Saturday, May 30, 2009

Safely in Utah

So the past two days have consisted of traveling to Utah. Scott's mom flew out to help me with the drive with the boys. I am so greatful that she came out to help me with the drive. There is no way I would have made it by myself. I am not good at driving distances and I am so happy for the extra hands with the boys. I did good driving yesterday, but not as good at the beginning this morning and today.

The boys did farely well with the drive. They took turns being fussy. It seemed at times they were more fussy when I wasn't driving. Go figure, my time to rest and relax and they were more needy. It was hard having to turn around so much to play with them and give them attention.

We stopped and stayed at a nice hotel in Mesquite last night. We ended up getting a mini suite. Yes more than we should have spent. We needed to have a big enough room to sleep three adults and also have two cribs. Going to bed last night was another story for the boys. They were a nightmare to put to sleep. We tried to do the normal and let them cry it out. That didn't work. Part was they knew we were right there and could see us. Plus Mom Johnson and I think not having there cd player made a difference, but Scott doesn't. Jayden was screaming bloody murder. He would not stop for anything. Luke was also screaming but calmed himself down then would start back in. We ended up having to hold the boys in bed and almost let them sleep with us but the only way Jayden wanted to sleep was on my chest and stomach. So after awhile we put them back in there cribs and was able to get them to stay calm and go to sleep.

Lets hope we are able to get into routine pretty quickly. Have to put there room together tomorrow and Monday. They are using pack n plays tonight til we get the cribs set up.

Well there is an update. Will post one with pics soon when they get there first hair cut and some of being outside here.

1 comment:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I'm glad you made it to Utah safely! That's so nice that Val was able to go out and help you guys.
I guess that's what I get to look forward to, a fussy little boy who doesn't want to go to bed! You guys are amazing dealing with two! I hope they are sleeping better for you.